Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Tuesday!! Where does the time go? I have been blessed with two wonderful daughters who found the sport of running FUN ( really?!) and have persuaded me to join them in their quest for marathon medals! Oh, what was I drinking that day?! First off I must explain that I am NOT a specimen of health -- 54 yrs old, smoker, overweight (have lost 35 lbs on a fabulous diet that I'll share later with all of you) and my motto is "EXERCISE WILL KILL YOU"!!

So what in the heck made me think running was for me? Remember in school when they started that President's Physical Fitness crap and they dragged us all outside to run around the track -- well I was the one who walked it, at a snails pace, and for the life of me couldn't understand the urgency all my classmates had to RUN!! So, fast forward to present time! I am out running and think its fun!! Did I just say fun?? I even own a pair of five-finger running shoes to run in. Oh, I look good when I'm ready to go .. my IPod ready with all my fav music (even though some of my choices have been classified non-running music by my daughter), my Garmin on my wrist (is it so when I collapse, someone can find me?), and my walk-run beeper (oh you just can't start running around the neighborhood silly girl, you must look like a professional)!

Did I mention I was " in training" for the 1/2 marathon in January at Disney with my girls?? I have a training schedule that I MUST follow or all you-know-what is unleashed on me!! I have a few 5Ks under my belt so a 3 mile run is pretty doable. Now I'm suppose to run farther -- heck! Sunday before church, Atilla The Hun, oops I mean my wonderful daughter, dragged me out for a 4 mile run!! Again, what was I thinking??! I made it, and kept a pretty good pace up since she never was more than an arms length ahead of me - but can I keep this up?? Only time will tell. Wish me luck because I'm only doing this for the cool 1/2 marathon medal Disney gives you at the finish!!

Gotta go ... Atilla, I mean my daughter, is yelling something at me about a 5 mile run .... I just hope this exercise crap doesn't kill me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment