Friday, March 30, 2012

Swap-bot.com!!! Do I need to say anymore?? It has become my new obsession (like Facebook once was!). If you like to do crafts, write letters, exchange postcards and enjoy going to the mailbox each day and having it FULL of snail mail, this is the site for you. I pulled out my new sewing machine (which was new 3 years ago and still in the box!) and decided I'd try my hand at quilting. Not really sure how I got from sewing to swapping, but I'm one of those people who are like "look shiny thing" and head off in another direction. In this case, I am so glad I did get distracted.

My first swap was a cute little stuffed doll called a Dotee Doll. I fell in love. Easy to make and then you embellish her and her personality takes shape. This site is so therapeutic for me that honestly I can say I don't have to take happy pills anymore -- lol, I really don't think the two have anything to do with each other, just sayin! I have sent a few Dotee dolls off and received a few back. Postcards are coming in from all over the world and your fellow swappers are so darn nice. If you love fabric, you can do fabric swaps -- send some of your stash to someone and you get a fresh batch of fabric back. Love love love this!!

Swap-bot has something for everyone -- just be careful cuz you will become addicted!! Go take a look at the site and lets do some swapping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment